Saturday 21 March 2015

Brimham Rocks: Local Adventures #1



One of my New Years Resolutions was to get out and about more and start walking and exploring some of the amazing places that are near me. I spend so much time daydreaming and fantasising about all the countries I want to explore and places abroad I want to visit. But there are so many places full of natural beauty right on my doorstep that I don't spend enough time exploring. I'm lucky enough to live in the Yorkshire countryside and only have to look out of my bedroom window to see views of fields, woodland, sheep, cows ect. So I'm making an effort to spend my weekends and days off embracing all that Yorkshire has to offer; from the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors to beaches and seaside towns.

So first up, Danny and I headed off to the National Trust site of Brimham Rocks.



Brimham Rocks is an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' situated on Brimham Moor in North Yorkshire. It's basically this incredibly gorgeous area full of all these crazy natural rock formations. The rocks have been weathered and eroded away over many many years to form these weird and wonderful shapes, which are great for climbing on or just admiring! The rock formations that look particularly like other objects have been given names such as "The Dancing Bear", "The Eagle" and "The Smarties Tube" and it can be a lot of fun trying to spot them all! While being a great location for walking and climbing there's also areas of woodland and heather moorland which are so beautiful. There are also plenty of rocks you can climb up onto that offer breathtaking views across Nidderdale.


We had such a lovely Sunday here, walking, climbing and exploring (and taking way too many pictures on my part!) We also took a picnic with us which we ate ontop of one of the rocks looking out across the valley.




















No comments:

Post a Comment