Sunday 15 February 2015

January Favourites



(This is going up a bit later than I intended, with in now being nearly halfway through February! But oh well, here are my January Favourites.)

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.



There has been so much hype about the product for a while, but I've been a bit behind the times and only tried it for the first time at the end of December. But now I can honestly say I cannot live without it! I could go on and on about how much I love it and how amazing it is but that would just get boring! SO here's my four reasons why I think this product is fabulous.



  1. It lifts away all of the dirt and make-up from your face so effortlessly! No rubbing and scrubbing needed, just wipe gently all over your face and eyes and ta-da! All gone!
  2. It removes ALL of your make-up! I used to use face wipes before I discovered this micellar water and no matter how much I scrubbed my face there always used to be some make-up still left on. So this stuff is an absolute god send!
  3. It makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. Many products and face wipes I've used before have left my skin feeling really dry and irritated, but this feels like its cleaned my face well without dehydrating it.
  4. I've noticed I get fewer spots and I get them less often since I have been using this product. I think it's probably because it cleans my skin more thoroughly, and cleaner skin = less spots and blemishes.
I really don't know why I never tried a micellar water before. My bottle ran out mid-January so I had to go back to face wipes for two days and I couldn't believe how rubbish they were! So this is definitely my new must-have for my skin care routine and is my number one favourite this month.

Black Satchel from River Island 

I've absolutely fallen in love with this bag during this last month. I bought it back in November for £30 but only really started using it every day in January. I've been doing a work placement as part of my uni course and this bag has been perfect for taking to it. It's really spacious so I can fit everything I need in it, and it had plenty of little pockets so I can find stuff easily. And it looks so gorgeous! It's a really nice quality of material and I think it looks a lot more expensive than it was. I adore the gold buckles on the front (they're just for decoration, so you don't have to faff about trying to open it.) This is definitely going to be my staple bag for the next few months, not only does it look smart to take to my placement but it will be great for fitting my books in when I go back to lectures. All in all it's a great price for such a sturdy, well made bag, it's very practical and really pretty with all of its little details. I love love love it!

Cavalier Youth - You Me At Six

I'm going to see You Me at Six live in couple of days time (SO EXCITED) so to say I've been obsessively listening to this album for the last month would be an understatement... I've loved this band for a long time now and their previous three albums are still some of my favourites to listen to. But I have to admit this one didn't really stand out to me when it was released last year. Not that I thought it was bad, I just preferred some of their older ones. But it's really grown on me over the last couple of months and now I can't stop listening to it! You Me at Six always seem to have really amazing lyrics that you want to sing along to and the songs on this album are no exception. My personal favourite songs off the album are 'Cold Night' and 'Carpe Diem'. 

Rimmel London Eyeshadow


Rimmel London Blusher

I've had a lot of love for Rimmel products this last month, and these two have been my absolute favourites. These are both products that I have used every single day (that I've worn make-up) throughout January, as they are perfect for creating a natural, every-day make-up look. The eyeshadow is in 'Smoky Quartz'. It's a gorgeous shimmery rose-gold colour. It looks great either alone with some mascara or as a base for a more smoky eye look. The blush is in 'Santa Rose'. The reason I love this so much it that it is the perfect colour for my skin tone as it is the shade I would naturally blush. I find a lot of blushes to bright or pinky for my skin but this one works wonderfully and creates the perfect 'natural' look.

Pantene Pro-V - Advanced Keratin Repair - Split End Fuser

This is a product that I absolutely swear by! The description on the packaging says that "hair is comprised of mostly keratin. Our formula helps to repair keratin, fuse and prevent split ends." I've not always had trouble with split ends, I started dying my hair about five or six years ago and yet its only been to the last year or so I've had trouble. I don't really believe many of these "miracle treatment" but this product looked promising so I decided to give it a try, not really having high hopes. And it did wonders for my hair! I just use it on the very ends, normally when my hair is damp but sometimes when it's dry if it's looking particularly bad. It smells amazing, kind of honey/banana-y? And it makes my hair so soft and shiny, it feels really hydrated and my split ends appear to vanish! Now, I don't know if it really 'fixes' your split ends but it definitely improves them and makes your hair look much healthier. I cannot recommend this product enough.
I ran out of this about two weeks ago and have really noticed the difference in my hair. The ends are already starting to look and feel more dry and brittle! So I definitely need to pick some more up as soon as possible. 

Italy Guidebook

I'm currently in the process of organising a trip through Italy with my fiancé, so I've been loving looking to this book for inspiration. It's a small-ish book so it doesn't overload you with information, but it does have some really great details about all the different places in Italy. I've spent many nights looking through it and getting all overexcited to go and its given me lots of great ideas of places to visit. I've also recently ordered the Lonely Planet's Italy guidebook and an Italian phrase book. So I'm excited for them to arrive soon so I can get more inspiration of places to stay and also hopefully learn a little bit of the language before I go!

The Body Shop's Fijian Water Lotus Body Spray



 This been my favourite scent for January. I've always had a bit of an obsession with The Body Shop's body sprays and perfumes (I have quite a large collection of them). The have such a natural, fresh scent which I love. The Fijian Water Lotus is my go to body spray at the moment and I think it's probably my favourite scent that they do. It's really light, fresh and... it smells of water lotus? I really don't know how to describe scents. The best advice I can give is to get down to The Body Shop and give it a sniff, and then you'll know why I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment