Friday 6 January 2017

2016: My Year in Numbers


Now that 2017 is upon us I can't help but look back on everything that happened in 2016, and I personally think it was my most incredible year yet. I have achieved and experienced so much in the past 12 months,  leaving me to go into the new year older, a little wiser and full of excited anticipation of what this next year will bring.

Here are a few numbers from my year which pretty much sum up what I got up to in 2016!


Number of countries travelled to: 4

In in past 12 months I have been lucky enough to have adventures in France, Spain, Thailand and Australia.



Number of flights taken: 11

Number of coach/bus journeys: 14

Number of overnight buses taken: 4

Number of ferries taken: 9




Number of days volunteering: 23

Volunteering is one of my favourite thinge to do  while travelling,  and this year I spent four weeks teaching English in Koh Samui and 3 days helping out on a building and childcare project in a rural village in the jungle near Sangklaburi. Both of these experiences were among the more rewarding and memorable of 2016.


Amount of time spent abroad: Just over 3 months

Number of trips in the UK: 3

As well as my time spend travelling abroad I also had a few adventures a little closer to home in Robin Hood's Bay, the Derbyshire Dales and London.



Wildlife spotted: Countless!

I was very lucky with the amount of animals I managed to spot in the wild on my travels. In Thailand I spotted wild monkeys in the trees and thousands of beautiful fishes in the sea! But it was in Australia where I really hit the wildlife jackpot, spotting kangaroos, wallabies, emus, penguins, seals, sea lions, koalas, snakes, lizards and even a couple of elusive echidnas!






Number of months at uni: 5

The first 5 months of 2016 were spent essay writing, reading and researching at uni as I worked towards finishing my third and final year of my English degree.

Number of graduations: 1

And all of that hard work paid off as in July I graduated with a 2:1!



Number of days I said "this is the best day ever!": Countless!

From sipping wine on the balcony in Paris, to playing with elephants, snorkeling at Koh Tao and hiking around Uluru, it's hard to count how many times I've said this phrase this year! 2016 has been incredible and I have created memories that will last a lifetime, here's to hoping 2017 has many more wonderful adventures in store for me!

Happy New Year! 
Thanks for reading,
Chloe Rebecca xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment