Thursday 30 July 2015

Skydiving onto a beach in Australia!


So today is my 21st birthday! I'm really excited and I am planning on writing a blog post next week about some of the exciting things I'm doing to celebrate. But for now I wanted to share one of the most unforgettable experiences of my 21 years; skydiving!

Looking back on the past 21 years I've had so many amazing memories but the one that will always stand out for me is my skydive. It was unlike anything I had done before, it was exhilarating, breath-taking and completely surreal. If anyone reading this is considering doing a one, go for it! It may seem scary at first, but when the adrenaline kicks in and you're free falling through the sky, the air rushing past your face, it literally feels like you are flying. I never would have considered doing something like a skydive before I went travelling, it really pushed me out of my comfort zone and I'm so proud of myself for doing it! So today I wanted to share some of my favourite photos from my skydive on here.





I did my tandem jump with Skydive Cairns for anyone who's interested, and I highly recommend them. Australia is probably one of the most beautiful places to do a skydive and I was lucky enough that the company I went with had  the option (for a little bit more money) of actually jumping out over the sea and landing on the beach. I jumped out of the plane at 14,000ft and free fell for around 60 seconds before the parachute was opened. I then had around 5-6 minutes of floating down towards the ground, enjoying the amazing view, my instructor even let me have a go at using the ropes to do some spins and spirals through the air. I then landed on a gorgeous stretch of beach in tropical Queensland. Amazing.






























No comments:

Post a Comment