Friday 30 January 2015

Book Haul







I've gathered this collection of books over the last few months, either bought by myself or as presents from other people, and have not yet had chance to read them. So I thought I'd do a little book haul of books I'm planning to read over the next couple of months.


When doing an English degree it can be really hard finding the time to read books for enjoyment rather than just for your studies, which is a shame. One of the main reasons I chose English was for my love of reading so I really want to get back into looking at some books I don't have to analyse! You can have up to about eight books or plays to read for just one module and I do six modules in an academic year. On top of those compulsory books, you also have a long list of suggested reading to do. So in short, that's a lot of stuff I need to read each week! Which means whenever I have to time to sit and chill with a book, I need to be looking at ones for my course and not ones I want to read for fun.

However, I now have six whole weeks doing a work placement before I start my next semester of lectures. Which means I'm hoping to finally get my teeth into some novels I've been wanting to read for a while!

The books I have collected over the last five or six months are as follows:
  • 'Eat, Prey, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert 
  • 'Christmas With Billy and Me' by Giovanna Fletcher 
  • 'The Handmaids Tale' by Margaret Atwood 
  • 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak 
  • 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey
  • 'Atonement' by Ian McEwan
  • 'My Best Friends Girl' by Dorothy Koomson



The first book I'm reading first is 'Eat, Prey, Love'. I picked this up in town a couple of months ago as I'd heard really great things about both the book and film so thought I'd give it a go! I'm currently a few chapters in and loving it so far. I'll post a little review up on here with my thoughts on it once I'm finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment